1. Create streams
Before starting a Switcher event, first add your input and output streams in the Kiswe Streams Manager. Once streams are added, they can be used in any event.
- On the dashboard, go to the Streams page
- Press the "+ Add stream" button to add a stream
- Add the input / output details & press the "submit" button
2. Upload assets
It's handy if you already upload your assets in bulk to Kiswe before setting up the event. Any asset uploaded can be used in each event.
- On the dashboard > Go to Assets tab
- Add a folder and/or an asset
- Select the file you want to upload
- Press to upload it
3. Start a new production
- Test event: A watermark is added to the stream and the broadcast hours won’t be billed. This event is recorded and archived for 1 week.
- Name: The name of the event with which it will also be shown on the dashboard
- Type: Select switcher to start a new switcher
- Template: use a template with the settings, streams, sources...
- Crew location: Where is the crew located? On 1 continent or multiple?
- Start & end date: The event will start up 30 minutes before the time you indicate, so all streams are up and running by the time the event starts. 30 minutes before the event will end, you will be notified and can extend the event if necessary.
- Quality: Defines the quality of the output stream.
Save or open the production:
Save: or schedule the event, and return you to the dashboard
Open: enter the event instead of going back to the dashboard.
4. Add sources
Initially the switcher event will be empty, so you'll start by adding one or more sources.
! NOTE: When you enter the event after creating it, it will take up to 5 minutes until the cloud mixer is booted and the streams / previews will be visible.
How to add a source?
- Click on a source box in the switch panel to add content
- Select the content type you want to add
- Depending on the type you can select your stream, assets, clips, guests or fill in the link for the web source.
- Hit the add button and the content is added to the box
5. Add an output
An output stream from the production should be added . You can create different outputs, in different formats for different purposes in the stream manager.
How to add an output?
- Go to the settings panel
- Press "+" button to add an output
- Select the output from the list
- Setup the output stream upfront, outside of the event. Learn here how to create the output stream.
- Adding multiple outputs will require more bandwidth and capacity from the mixer. Contact us if you want to add more than 3 different outputs.
Now that ingest streams and other sources are added, it's time to select the output you want to send the production to.